- To include and involve larger numbers of people in the development of future healthcare services, particularly those who are underrepresented
- To gather better information from people about what they think of current healthcare services, listen to their personal experiences and find out what's important to them
- To use this information in longer-term plans and decisions about the future of healthcare services across the Bradford District
By involving people in decisions about their healthcare we hope to improve the overall health and wellbeing of our community.
We will be using a variety of methods: one to one questionnaires, focus groups, events, training and peer mentoring to support groups and individuals in sharing their voices and helping shape future health provisions.
One to one interviews and focus groups have been held with women on the theme of Smoking Cessation in Pregnancy and a report highlighting key findings and issues completed. See below to download the report.
Cancer Awareness programme around cervical, breast and bowel cancer to start in Spring:- full programme and activity dates to follow shortly.
We will also be delivering a consultation on Over The Counter Prescriptions and Medicines
For further information, please contact our Engaging People Project Team:- Laila Ahmed - Project Lead on email@example.com, Zainab Naqvi on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the main CNet number 01274 305045.
During the Summer months, the Engaging People Team will be supporting the local NHS with the following engagement:
- Carers Survey - Bradford Council an local NHS aiming to understand the experiences of carers across Bradford District and Craven, in order to effectively commission services
- Over The Counter (OTC) Medicines - Conversations with people in Bradford and Craven District to gather their thoughts on any proposed changes to OTC medicines
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence - A piece of work to help the NHS understand key issues and needs
- Hills Bridge Consultation - Further info to follow
- Engagement and conversations in the Bradford 3 area to explore potential options for future use of NHS buildings in this area
- HealthE - A new health skills development programme for VCS and individuals with an interest in health, telling their stories and helping shape services for the future. Watch this space for dates, themes and booking information
See the link at the bottom of the page to view an event calendar.
The Women's Health Network will soon be holding Menopause Café pilots, an idea which was borne out of discussions from the Forum around the lack of information available on the menopause. Menopause Cafes aim to increase the awareness of the impact of the menopause on those experiencing it, their friends, colleagues and families.
A series of upcoming Menopause Cafes are to be hosted by The Equity Partnership and Sharing Voices. The sessions are unstructured and open sessions with free flowing discussions in a confidential space where people can express their views safely. See below to view a flier.
Upcoming Meetings & Events
- Women's Health Network Forum Meeting | CNet Offices | Wednesday 19th September, 10am - 12 noon
- Women's Health Network Forum Meeting | CNet Offices | Wednesday 12th December, 10am - 12 noon
Fliers for events can be found below as well as useful links.