The development of a Women's Health Network will support the Bradford City and Bradford District CCG's to work together to identify and address health issues and inequalities affecting women and their families living in Bradford. It will also create the opportunity to establish and maintain a dialogue on issues pertinent to women and the development of women's services.
We aim to have established the Network by September 2016. The project development team, working with CNet, will be spending the next few months reaching out to as many women as possible from the diverse communities within Bradford. We will be working hard to meet with women whose voices and experiences are often missed. We will also be working with those organisations who support women and work with women across the Bradford area.
We are committed to developing the Women's Health Network so that it best meets the needs of local women and can be informed and influenced by them.
Once established the Women's Health Network will:
- Identify and better understand the issues that impact on why women choose to access health services and why they choose not to;
- Identify any gaps in services which exist;
- Work collectively with Bradford District and Bradford City CCG's to design and develop services which meet the needs of local women;
- Work with local communities and organisations to ensure assets (resources, properties, skills and talents) within communities to improve women's health are maximised;
- Make sure important health messages are clear, easy to understand and are shared effectively;
- Create opportunities to help women improve not only their own health and wellbeing but that of their family and friends.
See below for post event information and details of upcoming events.