The Equalities Forum aims to work with the Voluntary & Community Sector (VCS) Assembly Steering Group and related thematic forums to ensure that equalities work in terms of race, gender, disability, social class, sexuality, age and faith remain an important focus for the voluntary, statutory and private sector ("partners"). This will be carried out in accordance with the VCS Assembly principles of:
• Social justice and sustainability
• Diversity, dignity and respect
• Participation and empowerment; responsiveness and accountability
• Collective wealth creation and social entrepreneurship
Co-Chair: Penny Wangari-Jones
Equalities Forum Co-chair Election - April 2018
Nominations are invited for a Bradford District Assembly Equalities Forum Co-chair.
The elected Co-Chair will support the current Chair in carrying out the duties outlined in the "Role and Responsibilities". Please also refer to the Forum Terms of Reference. All election documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
The BDA is made up of 5 thematic forums:
- Community Economic Forum (CEF)
- Health & Well-Being Forum
- Safer Communities Forum
- Young Lives Bradford
- Equalities Forum
Each forum has a chair/co-chair represented on the Assembly Steering Group (ASG) which meets 4 times a year to steer the work of the Assembly and create a conduit between the forums, the wider VCS, the council and other public sector bodies.
Any one person from a group or organisation currently registered as a member of the Equalities Forum is eligible to stand. Application documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please return nomination forms (attached) by 30 April 2018, 5pm.
Bradford District Assembly Chair Election- Timetable
- Closing date for nominations - Monday 30th April 2018 5 pm
- Circulate ballot papers - Week commencing 30th April
- Closing date for ballot papers - Wednesday 16th May 5 pm
- Announce results - Week commencing 21st May 2018
For more information contact Janet Ford: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274 305045
Provisional dates for Equalities Forum meetings are as follows:
- Thursday 5 July 2018, 10 - 12pm
- Thursday 27 September 2018 , 10 - 12pm
- Thursday 20 December 2018, 10 - 12pm
- Thursday 14 March 2018, 10 - 12pm
Any amendments to these dates will be emailed to the Equalities Forum.
Meetings are held at CNet, 114-116 Manningham Lane, Bradford BD8 7JF.
If you are interested in joining the forum and attending forum meetings please contact Janet Ford (Assembly Coordinator) on 01274 305045 or email email@example.com.